As Democrats advance their overwhelmingly popular agenda, MAGA Matt Hall’s GOP faces more controversy
LANSING – Democrats have hit the ground running since returning to legislative session last week, introducing bill packages to expand abortion rights and tackle sky-high prescription drug prices. Michigan Democrats are pursuing an overwhelmingly popular agenda to defend our fundamental rights and put money back into the pockets of the middle class. Meanwhile, MAGA Matt Hall’s GOP faces new controversy for its attempts to subvert democracy in Michigan.
“MAGA Matt Hall and his party should spend less time attempting to undermine our elections and more time working with Democrats to pass a historic agenda that lowers costs and advances Michiganders’ freedoms,” said Chair of the Michigan Democratic Party Lavora Barnes. “Make no mistake – we will continue delivering on behalf of Michiganders, and we stand ready to hold MAGA Matt Hall and his caucus accountable for their work to undermine democracy and our basic freedoms.”
While MAGA Matt Hall’s party makes headlines for all the wrong reasons, let’s remember how MAGA Matt and his friends have worked to harm Michigan:
- MAGA Matt Hall even helped push the Big Lie himself – welcoming Rudy Giuliani to the capitol to brag about his conspiracies AND signed a letter calling for an investigation into the discredited election fraud claims in a Dinesh D’Souza film.
- MAGA Matt Hall has donated to an organization tied to January 6th insurrectionists and is associated with the founders of the Oath Keepers.
- MAGA Matt Hall continually supports January 6th insurrectionists and their backers:
- Hall’s PAC gave thousands of dollars to Angela Rigas – who was proudly at the Capitol on January 6th – and Hall appointed her to a political committee
- His PAC also gave thousands to Dave Morgan – who praised the January 6th rioters just days after the riot and pushed election conspiracies
- Hall endorsed election denier Matt DePerno for Attorney General
- MAGA Matt Hall campaigned for an antisemitic blogger who catered to neo-Nazi’s by publishing pro-Nazi content.
These connections should disqualify anyone from office, let alone for them to be the leader of the Republican caucus. Thankfully, Democrats are holding Republicans accountable and not letting their obstructionism get in the way of building a brighter future for Michigan.