MDP Jobs and Internship opportunities
Thank you for your interest, but there are no job openings with the Michigan Democratic Party at this time. Please check back at a later date for potential opportunities.
Description: Under the supervision of the Director of Party Affairs, undertakes political organizing activity on behalf of the Party in the assigned area. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Building and maintaining relationships with local party leadership.
- Creating an active base of field volunteers within the assigned area.
- Training of local party leadership and activists.
- Coordinating volunteer-led field events.
- Organizing public forums, town hall events, and rallies.
- Providing support and guidance to local Democratic candidates.
- Facilitating training and support for precinct delegates
Qualifications: A commitment to the ideals of the Democratic Party is a prerequisite. Experience in political organizing is preferred. All candidates must have at least two cycles of organizing experience.
Ideal candidates are professional, organized, responsible and able to work independently under pressure in a challenging political environment. May be required to work long and irregular hours, including nights and weekends. Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel throughout Michigan.
The Michigan Democratic Party is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The Michigan Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.
Compensation and Benefits: The Michigan Democratic Party offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience. Health, dental, and vision insurance will be provided. 401-k program available after one year of employment.
To apply, please provide a resume, cover letter, and three professional references:
All attached files should be sent in PDF format
Subject line: Regional Field Organizer- Your First and Last Name.
Attn: Regional Field Organizer
Michigan Democratic Party
606 Townsend St.
Lansing, MI 48933
Supervisor: Party Chair
Duties: The Finance Director will work closely with the chair and compliance team to manage the party’s financial and donor management operations. The ideal candidate will have experience in event planning, call time management, donor research, online fundraising and organizational financial planning. The finance director will be responsible for managing call time and generating new prospects, overseeing all aspects of fundraising events, chasing in pledges and communicating with donors.
- Minimum of two to three years fundraising experience with a political campaign, a state party or national committee, or a non-profit organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail and ability to work with a team in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Knowledge of NGPVAN required.
- Project management experience and understanding of both state and federal election law preferred.
- Willingness to travel throughout Michigan as needed and work evening and weekend hours as required.
How to Apply / Contact:
To apply please send a cover letter, resume and three professional references to [email protected]. Position will be open until filled. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Michigan Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer, and employs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, family medical status or genetic information, military service, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, height, weight, creed, economic status or disability.